Color Manufacturing Supervisor APPLY NOW
Job Title: Color Manufacturing Supervisor
Department: Color Manufacturing
Shifts: Nights, Sunday – Thursday 10:30 pm to 7:00 am
Job Location: Duha Color Services (750 Bradford St, Winnipeg, MB)
Reporting To: Department Manager
General Job Description:
Act as liaison between Color Manufacturing staff and Department Manager. Obtain instruction of daily duties from Department Manager and communicate same to production employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote, enforce and comply with all Company policies and procedures. Follow up with performance concerns. Document and discipline as needed and communicate employee issues to Department Manager immediately
- Be directly involved with Managers and assist in implementation and maintain enforcement of our IPP (Improved Performance Program) with employees and provide input to Department Manager regarding staff feedback
- Maintain communication from Coordinators to Supervisor, and Department Manager
- Lead the production employees regarding all day to day work, ensuring targets are being met and, daily production information recorded as required
- Attend schedule meetings and daily team huddles
- Ensure that all safety rules and procedures are being followed at ALL times.
- Responsible for on-shift safety incident reporting, and ensuring that any first aid occurrences are dealt with according to procedures outlined by our safety committee
- Ensure all call in forms are complete
- Follow up with performance concerns. Document and discipline as needed.
- Ensure that you are up to date daily on all email and Salesforce posts regarding Color Manufacturing
- Ensure that the Schedule and Critical paths are up to date in Salesforce
- Promote Lean Manufacturing within the department
- Continual quality checking of production
- Assist staff in maintaining inventory controls regarding department materials and supplies
- Some operation of the equipment will be expected
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Level 12 G.E.D. and/or related experience
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately with little supervision
- Must possess strong leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Must speak and understand English
- Working knowledge of computers. Experience in Microsoft Office Programs. Experience working in Salesforce an asset
- Previous Supervisory or Lead Hand experience would be an asset
- Experience in production industry an asset
- Previous training experience would be an asset
- Demonstrate and practice a desire for continual learning of the techniques and tools related to Continuous Improvement Practices, as this will be an ongoing expectation.
- Work within a team atmosphere where each member will support one another in making themselves successful under the practices of the Duha Centre of Excellence methodologies and techniques.
- We will develop and support your personal training and development strategy, allowing you the best possible opportunity for success in both your personal and professional objectives