Digital Printing Operator APPLY NOW
Job Title: Digital Printing Operator
Shift: Days: Wednesday – Friday 6:30 am – 6:30 pm
Job Location: Duha Color Services Winnipeg (750 Bradford St. Winnipeg, MB)
Reporting To: Department Manager
General Job Description:
The Digital Printing Operator works under the Department Manager and responsible to print on Xerox Iridesse and Versant 180 digital printers. Follow all safety procedures, understand all safety equipment and adhere to the company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and monitor digital printing machines during print run and make adjustments
- Deliver print jobs within established timeframes
- Interpret work docket information to determine the appropriate printing requirements
- Enter print information in press database correctly
- Conduct quality control checks for sign offs. Check/review position of the print, file names and finished product
- Conduct machine color calibrations as necessary
- Maintain digital print supplies inventory, and advise department lead hand to order as necessary
- Troubleshoot machine problems, resolve if possible, notifying Supervisor
- Responsible for minor maintenance of reproduction equipment by solving paper jams, and conduct routine cleaning
- Balancing of digital print workload
- Perform other departmental duties or task as required
Job Qualification and Requirements:
- Excellent attention to detail including color perception and recognition
- Ability to read and understand job specifications, printing procedures, quality control procedures, and finishing operations
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Time management capabilities with the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team
- Quick learner and hard worker
- Adhere to company safety policies
- High School Diploma or Level 12 G.E.D.
- Previous experience operating and maintaining digital printing equipment is an asset
- Being certified in printing technology or related trainings or courses is an asset
- Demonstrate and practice a desire for continual learning of the techniques and tools related to Continuous Improvement Practices, as this will be an ongoing expectation.
- Work within a team atmosphere where each member will support one another in making themselves successful under the practices of the Duha Centre of Excellence methodologies and techniques.
- We will develop and support your personal training and development strategy, allowing you the best possible opportunity for success in both your personal and professional objectives.