Machine Operator APPLY NOW
Job Title: Machine Operator
Afternoons: Monday – Friday 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Nights: Monday – Friday 10:30p - 7:00a
Job Location: Duha Color Services Winnipeg (750 Bradford St. Winnipeg, MB)
Reporting To: Department Manager
General Job Description:
The Machine Operator reports directly to the Finishing Manager in the Finishing Department and responsible for day to day functions such as machine set up, operation, preparing for shipping and miscellaneous duties as required. Follow all safety procedures, understand all safety equipment and adhere to the company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Discuss daily workflow with team leader at the beginning of each shift
- Running of various machines in Finishing, including but not limited to collators, marrying line, cutters, drills, round corner machines, box making machine, Fandeck machine, bagging machines.
- General maintenance of machines
- Data entry into computer databases
- Hand assembly of products
- Organize stock
- Repelling of stock
- Moving skids
- Wrap skids as necessary
- Ensure all finished skids are properly identified (ie: record job name, pages & card #, operators, date, amount & move to designated area)
- Maintain clean work area
- Compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Empty garbage bins as required throughout the day and at the end of shift
- Ensure that there are available empty skids at the machine at all times
- Any further tasks as assigned by the Production Manager
- Working in other areas/machines in finishing as required
Job Qualification and Requirements:
- Must be able to lift material weighing 50lbs maximum
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organization
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Positive work ethic and excellent attendance record
- Ability to keep records and write legibly
- High School Diploma or Level 12 G.E.D.
- Machine operator/production experience an asset
- Knowledge of quality and safety issues
- Computer experience is an asset
- Demonstrate and practice a desire for continual learning of the techniques and tools related to Continuous Improvement Practices, as this will be an ongoing expectation.
- Work within a team atmosphere where each member will support one another in making themselves successful under the practices of the Duha Centre of Excellence methodologies and techniques.
- We will develop and support your personal training and development strategy, allowing you the best possible opportunity for success in both your personal and professional objectives.