Material Handler APPLY NOW
Job Title: Material Handler
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Job Location: Duha Color Services Winnipeg (750 Bradford St. Winnipeg, MB)
Reporting To: Shipping and Receiving Manager
In order to apply for this position and be considered, please follow the link below:
General Job Description:
The Material Handler reports directly to the Shipping and Receiving Manager in the Shipping/Receiving Department and performs daily duties related to shipping and receiving including verifying incoming orders for accuracy when needed; verifying and organizing customer orders for distribution as required; maintaining pallets and paper inventory. Follow all safety procedures, understand all safety equipment and adhere to the company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains pallet inventory
- Assists in monitoring paper inventory
- Ensure that shipments are stacked, strapped, and wrapped securely for transport.
- Responsible for preparation and shipping of paper products for compactor which includes dumping hoppers into the compactor and preparing compactor for pickups.
- Prepare shipments for dispatch in a timely fashion when required
- Handle inbound and outbound shipments such that they are not damaged in any way.
- Inspect goods immediately upon arrival and prior to storage for damage and accuracy.
- Ensure incoming items are distributed in a timely manner to the appropriate internal customer.
- Take direct instructions from the Shipping and Receiving Coordinator and Shipping and Receiving Manager.
- Support the Shipping and Receiving team as required in various activities.
- Support the Distribution Center as required and directed
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain
- Having high attention to detail.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Having good communication skills.
- Being able to perform repetitive tasks.
- Physically able to stand and lift (up to 50lbs) on an ongoing basis.
- Positive work ethic and excellent attendance.
- Having organization skills.
- Adhere to company safety policies.
- High School Diploma or Level 12 G.E.D.
- Previous shipping/receiving experience is an asset.
- Forklift experience
- Demonstrate and practice a desire for continual learning of the techniques and tools related to Continuous Improvement Practices, as this will be an ongoing expectation.
- Work within a team atmosphere where each member will support one another in making themselves successful under the practices of the Duha Centre of Excellence methodologies and techniques.
- We will develop and support your training and development strategy, allowing you the best possible opportunity for success in both your personal and professional objectives.
Duha Color Services is committed to providing accessible employment and ensuring that our recruitment, assessment, and selection process is barrier-free. If a candidate requires accommodation during the hiring process, Human Resources Services will work with the individual to meet their needs. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.2022-05-25|||Winnipeg|||Shipping and Receiving||||||_KFr-HFVNfEYMFw~|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false