Prep Assistant APPLY NOW
Job Title: Prep Assistant
Shifts: Days: Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 3:00 pm
Job Location: Duha Color Services Winnipeg (750 Bradford St. Winnipeg, MB)
Reporting To: Department Manager
General Job Description:
The Prep Assistant reports directly to the Department Manager in the Coating Department. Work instructions will be provided by Department Coordinators. The Prep Assistant is responsible for measuring and mixing paint and getting individual jobs ready for the Coater machine. Follow all safety procedures, understand all safety equipment and adhere to the company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and understand the information on the coating tickets.
- Locate, verify and mix pails of paint for coating runs.
- Pour paint into pots.
- Clean pots & lids on routinely basis.
- Cut open rolls of paper for Coater and assist with roll changes
- Cut up hoses for pots
- Deliver prepared runs to coater designated areas
- Coater set up (preset tap bars, taps) according to docket information mentioned on coating tickets.
- Refill coating pots during runs and deliver refills to coater designated area
- Fill in at coater head and sheeter positions during breaks
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Adhere to all company safety procedures and policies.
- Maintenance of all the tools and equipment used.
- Working as a team with other staff members.
- Miscellaneous tasks, as assigned
Job Qualification and Requirements:
- Ability to work accurately and with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Must wear safety shoes and safety glasses
- Positive work ethic and excellent attendance
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or Level 12 G.E.D.
- No prior experience required
- Demonstrate and practice a desire for continual learning of the techniques and tools related to Continuous Improvement Practices, as this will be an ongoing expectation.
- Work within a team atmosphere where each member will support one another in making themselves successful under the practices of the Duha Centre of Excellence methodologies and techniques.
- We will develop and support your personal training and development strategy, allowing you the best possible opportunity for success in both your personal and professional objectives.