Project Coordinator APPLY NOW
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Department: Base Camp
Hours: Monday – Friday, Days
Job Location: Duha Color Services Winnipeg (750 Bradford St. Winnipeg, MB)
Reporting To: Planning & Scheduling Manager
General Job Description:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator. Reporting to the Planning & Scheduling Manager, the Project Coordinator holds a diverse position that partners with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to develop production plans that ensure a consistently positive customer experience.
Working closely and directly with internal and external customers, the Project Coordinator develops and maintains end to end job planning across various product lines, using long-term sourcing, production capacities, and inventory and sales projections.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In this fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for a number of functions including:
- Work together with Sales, Scheduling, Estimating, Procurement and Operations in planning new orders to ensure that all required information and materials are detailed prior to releasing to scheduling for production, and to ensure that production can process jobs without errors or delays, and in accordance with SOPs.
- Communicate directly with customers to define requirements and job specifications, and coordinate resources to ensure consistent and on-time delivery of quality products which meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Using standardized processes, communicate order changes with production teams and arrange for product returns as required.
- Working with internal teams including the pre-press department, create layouts/mock-ups and specification listings for new product lines and interface with customers (internal and end customer) to ensure designs meet requirements prior to production.
- Provide feedback to customers and leadership based on performance metrics and using various reports including resource demand / availability, critical path analysis and milestone progress.
- Ensure that all actions and issues are appropriately communicated and resolved in an effective and timely manner to meet the agreed deadlines and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Work with key contacts in Sales, Operations and Finance to attain forecast inputs in order to frequently review and report forecast information as required by customers and/or the business.
- Initiates and actively contributes to the development and implementation of a best in class planning infrastructure of business processes, operating practices and tools.
- Support and initiate continuous improvement in 5S, Kaizen events, Value Stream Mapping and visual management tools.
A successful candidate for this role will demonstrate some or all of the following characteristics:
- You are a self-starter with 3-5 years experience in a coordination or planning role, preferably in a complex global manufacturing or print environment.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are driven to quickly respond to changing customer priorities and needs.
- You are highly organized with an ability to independently adapt to a dynamic workload. You are experienced and flexible in working across regions, cultures and time zones, with both internal and external customers.
- You are technologically savvy and fluent with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with CRM systems an asset (ideally Salesforce).
- Demonstrate and practice a desire for continual learning of the techniques and tools related to Continuous Improvement Practices, as this will be an ongoing expectation.
- Work within a team atmosphere where each member will support one another in making themselves successful under the practices of the Duha Centre of Excellence methodologies and techniques.
- We will develop and support your personal training and development strategy, allowing you the best possible opportunity for success in both your personal and professional objectives.