Scheduling Coordinator APPLY NOW
Job Title: Scheduling Coordinator
Department: Base Camp
Hours: Monday – Friday, Days
Job Location: Duha Color Services Winnipeg (750 Bradford St. Winnipeg, MB)
Reporting To: Planning & Scheduling Manager
In order to apply for this position and be considered, please follow the link below:
General Job Description:
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for keeping an accurate, balanced production schedule in the Duha Group Winnipeg facility. Utilizing capacity management skills, the Scheduling Coordinator will collect resource information from available inventory, Project Coordinators, the Sales team, and each department in Production in order to facilitate the on-time delivery of products to meet customer demands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In this fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for a number of functions including:
- Work together with Sales, Base Camp teams, Estimating, Procurement and Operations in scheduling new orders to gather and process all required information pertaining to keeping the schedule up to date.
- Manage stakeholder expectations of available capacity and work together with Duha team members to meet or exceed customer delivery expectations.
- Processing projects in the Scheduling Queue and releasing new and updated schedules as required, with a target Scheduling turn-around of 2 days in queue.
- Utilize previous production samples and legacy information to understand future requirements in scheduling.
- Act as a problem solver and ensure that relevant stakeholders in Base Camp, Sales, and production have the correct information when it is required. Chase issues and flag potential problems as they arise to maximize production efficiency.
- Work closely with Project Coordinators and the Procurement Coordinator to forecast raw material demands.
- Work with each Production Department to understand current and future capacities as they relate to scheduling requirements, and actively manage and balance work going in and out of each department to achieve steady flow throughout the factory.
- Actively seek and learn new best-in-class print and manufacturing scheduling techniques and actively update Duha scheduling processes as necessary.
- Seek to continuously improve the Duha Scheduling System through digitization and automation of scheduling processes.
A successful candidate for this role will demonstrate some or all of the following characteristics:
- You are a self-starter with 3-5 years experience working in a coordination or scheduling capacity.
- Post-Secondary Education in Operations, Supply Chain, or Commerce is considered a strong asset for this role.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills and are driven to quickly respond to changing customer priorities and needs.
- You are highly organized with an ability to independently adapt to a dynamic workload. You are experienced and flexible in working across regions, cultures, and time zones, with both internal and external customers.
- You are technologically savvy and fluent with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with CRM systems is an asset (ideally Salesforce).
- Flexible schedule, able to quickly solve problems as they arise outside of regular working hours (within reason) and communicate with individuals in other time zones.
- Demonstrate and practice a desire for continual learning of the techniques and tools related to Continuous Improvement Practices, as this will be an ongoing expectation.
- Work within a team atmosphere where each member will support one another in making themselves successful under the practices of the Duha Centre of Excellence methodologies and techniques.
- We will develop and support your personal training and development strategy, allowing you the best possible opportunity for success in both your personal and professional objectives.
Duha Color Services is committed to providing accessible employment and ensuring that our recruitment, assessment, and selection process is barrier-free. If a candidate requires accommodation during the hiring process, Human Resources Services will work with the individual to meet their needs. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All customers are encouraged to wear a mask, common surfaces are sanitized regularly, etc.