Coater Operator APPLY NOW
Job Title: Coater Operator
Shift: Days: Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 3:00 pm
Job Location: Duha Color Services Winnipeg (750 Bradford St. Winnipeg, MB)
Reporting To: Department Manager
General Job Description:
The Coater Operator works under the Department Manager and Coating Coordinator. The Coater Operator is responsible to set up and monitor the application of color to paper in the production process, ensuring production requirements are met and any issues are communicated effectively. Follow all safety procedures, understand all safety equipment and adhere to the company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up coater head and operate coating machine according to docket information
- Monitor quality and make adjustments to coater/coating as required during run
- Assist with roll changes
- Refill pots during run
- General maintenance of the coater machine
- Maintain clean work environment
- With direction from Supervisors and Coordinators, maintain production priorities and adjust to production demands
- Perform other departmental duties or task as required
Job Qualification and Requirements:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management capabilities with the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting abilities
- Lifting up to 20kg.pails (unassisted)
- Adhere to company safety policies
- High School Diploma or Level 12 G.E.D.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ machine operator experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate and practice a desire for continual learning of the techniques and tools related to Continuous Improvement Practices, as this will be an ongoing expectation.
- Work within a team atmosphere where each member will support one another in making themselves successful under the practices of the Duha Centre of Excellence methodologies and techniques.
- We will develop and support your personal training and development strategy, allowing you the best possible opportunity for success in both your personal and professional objectives.